- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 3 pounds)
- ¾ C sugar
- ¾ C soy sauce
- 6 Tbsp cider vinegar
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- ¾ tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 4½ tsp cornstarch
- 4½ tsp cold water
- Place chicken in a 4 qt. crock pot.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, cider vinegar, ginger, garlic and pepper.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking liquid or put it through a mesh strainer.
- Place liquid in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Gradually stir into liquid and stir until sauce is thickened.
- Serve with chicken and rice.
- Note: I halved the recipe and it still worked fine in my crock pot. I kept the amount of sauce the same and it was done in about 2½ hours.