Serves: 3 dozen
- 2 sticks butter, softened (1 cup)
- ¾ C sugar
- 2 C flour
- 1 C finely chopped walnuts
- 3 dozen chocolate kisses
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Cream butter and sugar well until smooth.
- Add flour and then walnuts.
- Gather dough into disk-shape and wrap in plastic.
- Refrigerate at least ½ hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove foil from kisses and insert one inside a ball of dough 1 inch in diameter.
- Make sure each kiss is completely covered by dough.
- Bake on ungreased baking sheet for 12 minutes, until just cooked through.
- Roll in powdered sugar after cooled.