Author: LeighAnne Wilkes
Recipe type: Main Dish
Serves: 6 servings
- 2 lb. top round roast
- 1 C beef broth
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp minced onion
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- l onion,sliced
- 1 orange pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- 6 slices of Provolone Cheese
- 6 hoaggie rolls
- Place roast into slow cooker.
- Pour in beef broth, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce over roast.
- Cook on low until beef is tender and shreddable – about 3-4 hours.
- Remove beef from slow cooker and allow it to sit.
- Shred with two forks.
- In a skillet heat olive oil and saute onions and peppers until soft and beginning to caramelize.
- Butter and toast inside of bun.
- Place beef onto bun, top with peppers and onions and add a slice of cheese.
- Place under broiler and broil until cheese emlted.