Author: LeighAnne Wilkes
Serves: 3 dozen
- ¾ cup butter OR margarine, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 package (11 ounces) caramel bits
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter and sugar with electric mixer in large bowl until fluffy. Beat in corn syrup, egg and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour, baking soda and salt until combined.
- Stir in caramel bits and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets. Lightly sprinkle salt over cookies and press into the dough.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 1 to 2 minutes on pan; remove from pan to wire rack.
This recipe was adapted from KaroSyrup.com