Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp capers, rinsed, drained and finely chopped
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp minced fresh parsley
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a large bowl combine green beans, mustard, cayenne pepper, paprika, cumin, chili powder, garlic and salt; toss to coat beans
- Heat in a large skillet (preferably cast iron) over high heat until smoking
- Add the beans, being careful not to crowd the pan too much (cook in two batches, if necessary). Cook beans, without disturbing, until charred patches appear, about 5 minutes.
- Toss beans and cook 5 minutes or more.
- Transfer to a bowl or plate and serve immediately with Spicy Remoulade.
- Mix mayonnaise, cayenne pepper, mustard, capers, garlic, parsley and lemon juice until combined
- Cover and refrigerate until serving time