Serves: 3 mini or 1 full size loaf
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1½ cups fresh cranberries
- ½ cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup orange juice (fresh squeezed is best)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in orange zest, cranberries, and pecans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together margarine, sugar, and egg until smooth.
- Stir in orange juice. Beat in flour mixture until just moistened.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until the bread springs back when lightly touched. Let stand 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Wrap in plastic when completely cool.