Recipe type: Cookies
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 pkg Andes Mint, bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy then beat in the egg.
- In another bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients; flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda then gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten slightly and bake 6-8 minutes or until set.
- Cool in the pan for about 5 minutes then onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate and oil in the microwave until smooth.
- Drizzle over the cookies and sprinkle with Andes mints in the center of each cookie and while the chocolate is still wet.
- Let stand until the chocolate sets.