Recipe type: Cookies
Serves: 3 dozen
- ¾ cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- ½ stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- Or ½ cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1¼ cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1¾ cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 108 mini marshmallows
- 108 small chocolate pieces
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- Combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- Add egg. Beat just until blended.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture at low speed.
- Mix just until blended.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2-inches apart onto greased baking sheet. Flatten slightly
- and add 3 mini marshmallows.
- Roll back into a ball making sure marshmallows are covered with dough.
- Flatten again and use a fork to form a criss cross pattern on top.
- Add 3 pieces of chocolate into top of dough.
- BAKE one baking sheet at a time 7 to 8 minutes, or until set and just beginning to brown.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to cooling racks to cool completely.