Serves: approx. 2 dozen rolls
- 2¼ tsp of dry active yeast
- 1½ C warm water
- 5 C flour
- ¾ C sugar
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ C butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Combine yeast and warm water in a cup and let stand for 5 minutes
- Mix together flour, sugar and salt in mixing bowl.
- Add in yeast, eggs and melted butter.
- Mix until well blended.
- Dough will be soft and sticky.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Grease two round cake pans.
- Cover working surface with flour and and enough flour to dough to let you easily roll it out.
- Roll out to ½ inch thick and use a 2 inch biscuit cutter to cut out rolls.
- Fold in half and place in pan.
- Cover and let rise again until double or cover with pastic wrap and foil and freeze.
- Bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes.
- If you freeze them allow them to thaw and rise (approx. 4-5 hours) before baking.