Serves: 1½ dozen muffins
- 3 C flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 10 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1 C sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 C buttermilk
- ½ C plain Green yogurt
- 1 C chocolate chips, blueberries or other add in of choice.
- Grease muffin tin well.
- Mix together all dry ingredients into bowl.
- In mixer beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in eggs, once at a time.
- Add in vanilla.
- Alternate adding in flour mixture, buttermilk and yogurt.
- Mix until just combined
- Fold in blueberries or chocolate chips
- Scoop into prepared muffin tin.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for approx. 6 hours.
- Remove batter balls from tin and place in a freezer bag.
- When ready to serve bake at 375 degrees for approx. 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. I found the baking time for unfrozen batter to be about the same.