Recipe type: Cookies
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, at room temperature (I used salted)
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar (I used regular brown sugar)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup plus 1½ Tbsp. flour
- ½ tsp. salt (I only used ¼ tsp. since I used salted butter)
- ⅜ tsp. baking soda (this is not a typo – it is really ⅜ tsp. – just use slightly less than ½ tsp.)
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp. lemon extract or lemon oil
- 2 cups white chocolate chunks (You can also use chips. I bought a block of white chocolate at Trader Joes and chopped it up)
- Place the butter in a large bowl and cream at high speed until fluffy.
- Add the sugars and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in egg.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add to the butter mixture at low speed until just combined and add vanilla extract.
- Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl down, until blended.
- Do not over-mix
- Add white chocolate chunks and mix till thoroughly combined
- Refrigerate batter until cold, preferably overnight
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Drop heaping spoonfuls of batter 2 inches apart on lined baking sheet and bake, turning tray once, until golden brown around edges and soft, about 12 minutes
- Cool on wire rack