Author: LeighAnne Wilkes
Recipe type: Cookies
Serves: approx 50 cookies
- 1½ C butter, softened
- ¾ C powdered sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 2 C all purpose flour
- 1 C cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 C walnuts, toasted and finely ground
- Lemon Curd or other jam to fill cookie with
- In your mixer combine and cream together the butter and powdered sugar until light and creamy.
- Add in vanilla. Mix to blend.
- Put flour, cornstarch, nuts and salt in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Add flour mixture into butter and mix until blended.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Grease cookie sheet or cover with parchment paper.
- Drop cookie dough onto sheets in a rounded teaspoon, one inch apart
- Use your thumb to press down into the middle of each ball making an indentation.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.
- Cool completely.
- Fill indentation with lemon curd.