Author: Leigh Anne Wilkes
Recipe type: Cookies
Serves: 3 dozen cookies
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- milk, enjoy to make a good spreading consistency
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Beat together butter and sugar until creamy. Add in eggs, lemon zest and juice.
- Add in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Mix until incorporated and smooth.
- Spoon dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, putting cookies 2 inches apart. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Mix together frosting ingredients and beat until smooth and a good spreading consistency.
- Allow cookies to cool and then frost.