Author: LeighAnne Wilkes
Recipe type: Cookies
Serves: 2 dozen
- 2 C all purpose flour
- 1 C powdered sugar
- ½ tsp coarse salt
- 1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 C butter, cut into pieces
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ C coarse granulated sugar, for rolling
- In a food processor, pulse together flour, confectioners sugar, salt and lemon zest until combined.
- Add butter and process until crumbly.
- Add in egg yolks and lemon juice and pulse util dough comes together.
- Divide dough in half and form into two logs.
- Wrap in wax paper and refrigerate or freeze until firm. (a couple of hours up to a month)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll log of dough into sugar, coating the outside.
- Slice logs into ¼ inch thick slices and arrange on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake until gold brown around the edges, 12-15 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to rack to cool.