- 6 lbs. pork carnitas, shoulder or butt roast (you want a cut of meat that has fat on it)
- 1 Tbsp. Liquid Smoke (near the BBQ sauce)
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 C water (do not need if using a crockpot)
- Place meat in crockpot or pan and sprinkle with salt, patting it into the meat.
- Pour liquid smoke over pork and then add the water around the pork.
- If cooking in the oven cover tightly with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- In the oven at 350, cook for about 5-6 hours.
- In a crock pot on high cook for about 6-7 hours and in a crockpot on low cook for 12-16 hours. Shred with a fork when tender and falling apart. Serve over rice.