- ½ C butter, softened
- ¼ C granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1¼ C flour
- ⅓ C raspberry jam
- ¾ C powdered sugar
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- Cream butter, sugar, vanilla and salt until creamy and fluffy
- Gradually stir in flour until blended. Divide dough into fourths.
- On lightly floured surface, with hands, roll each fourth into a 9″ rope.
- Place 3″ apart on greased cookie sheet.
- With finger make ½” depression down center of each rope.
- (Ropes will flatten to about 1″ wide strips).
- Fill depressions with jam, using a small spoon.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on cookie sheet.
- For frosting, blend powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth and carefully spread over jam. As soon as frosting is set, cut diagonally.