Recipe type: Bread
- 3½ C gluten free flour mix
- ¼ C sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 C cold butter, cut into pieces
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ C cold buttermilk or almond milk
- Mix together gluten free flour mix, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add in butter and mix together until crumbly and pea sized.
- Add in eggs and milk. Mix until a cohesive dough forms(will be slightly sticky)
- Cover counter with additional gluten free flour to make rolling easier.
- Roll out dough to ½ inch thick.
- Fold dough into thirds lengthwise.
- Fold dough into thirds crosswise.
- Roll out to ½ inch thick and repeat process two additional times.
- Cut out biscuits and placed on a greased cookie sheet.
- Put biscuits into freezer for 20 minutes to allow butter to solidify and create flaky biscuits)
- Bake in 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter after baked for extra goodness if desired.