Author: Leigh Anne Wilkes
Recipe type: Cookies
- 1 C sugar
- ¾ C butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 C flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ C dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated orange peel
- ⅓ C sugar
- 1 tsp freshly grated orange peel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all sugar mixture ingredients in small bowl.
- Stir until well mixed. Set aside
- Combine 1 cup sugar, butter and egg in a bowl. Beat until creamy.
- Reduce speed and add flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Add remaining ingredients. Beat until combined.
- Shape cookies into one inch balls and roll in sugar mixture.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with bottom of glass to 1½ inch circles
- Bake for 7 – 11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Do not over bake.
- Cool 1 minute and remove from cookie sheet.