Author: LeighAnne Wilkes
Recipe type: Main Dish
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 3 lbs. cleaned, fresh sirloin steak, cut into 5-6 oz. pieces
- ½ C olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 Jalapeno, minced (I used half)
- 1 Tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- juice of 2 limes
- flour tortillas
- lettuce, chopped
- pico or salsa
- fresh lime
- Combine all the ingredeitns, except the steak in a zippered plastic bag. Combine well.
- Add steak to mixture and make sure all pieces are well coated.
- Marinade in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Heat up grill and cooked to desired doneness (I like it medium)
- Let rest and then slice meat against the grain.
- Cook flour tortillas and sprinkle with Mexican Blend Cheese and put in oven to melt cheese.
- Top with meat, lettuce and pico or salsa.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over the top.