Favorite family recipe, adjusted for Christmas
Author: Kristen Duke
- 8 oz. cream cheese (room temp)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg (room temp or clumps cream cheese)
- ⅛ tsp salt
- green food coloring
- 1½ cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 T vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup red chocolate chips
- 1 cup other chocolate chips (semi)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the filling, turn green, and set aside.
- Mix dry cake ingredients together and then add the oil, vinegar, and vanilla.
- Pour the water over everything and mix with electric beaters.
- Fill cupcake liners half full of cake batter.
- Mix batter with brown chocolate chips or other
- Drop a heaping tablespoon of filling into the center of the chocolate batter.
- Top with 1 cup red chocolate chips sprinkled
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Eat warm and gooey or put them in the fridge to chill for a more textured taste.
- Makes 15-18 cupcakes