Author: LeighAnne Wilkes
Recipe type: Cookies
Serves: 3 dozen
- 1 cup butter flavored shortening (Crisco)
- 1¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup malted milk powder (Original)
- 2 Tbsp. chocolate syrup
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first five ingredients; beat for 2 minutes.
- Add egg.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in chocolate chunks and chips.
- Shape into 2 inch balls; place 3 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- Yield: about 1½ dozen.