- 1¼ cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 stick Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅔ cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- BEAT brown sugar, shortening and vanilla in large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs; beat until fluffy.
- STIR together flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Gradually add to shortening mixture, beating at medium speed just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and chill 3 hours.
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Shape dough into 1¼-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar, then in powdered sugar to coat completely. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are set. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.