Author: Leigh Anne Wilkes
Recipe type: Cookies
Serves: 24 bars
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cups white chocolate chips
- ¾ cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together the brown sugar and ½ cup granulated sugar and butter. Add in 1 egg and 1 egg yolk and vanilla.
- Add in the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- In another bowl, mix together the cream cheese and the ¼ cup white sugar and 2 eggs.
- Spread half of the chocolate chip dough in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over the top.
- Drop remaining cookie dough batter over filling. There will be gaps in the batter but it will spread as it bakes.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Allow to cook before cutting.
- Keep leftover bars refrigerated.