Recipe type: Main Dish
- 2 gloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon rind
- 1 tsp soy sauce or tamari sauce
- ½ tsp salt.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Chicken Coating:
- 1 C chopped, unsalted dry roasted cashews
- ½ C sesame seeds
- ¼ C cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- Apricot Sauce:
- 1 12 oz. jar apricot jam
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp lemon rind
- 1 tsp orange rind
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Combine all the marinade ingredients and add chicken.
- Marinade at least 3 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Chop cashews finely and mix with sesame seeds.
- Add in cornstarch.
- Heat oil until about 375 degrees.
- Roll chicken in nut mixture and fry in batches until golden brown on both sides.
- For dipping sauce combine all the ingredients.
- Serve over rice with dipping sauce.
Serving size: 4 people