Author: LeighAnne Wilkes
Serves: 20 pieces
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups of sliced onions, sliced root-to-top into ¼-inch thick slices (about 2-3 med onions)
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 8 oz frozen puff pastry (defrosted a couple hours in the fridge)
- 2 oz chilled Brie cheese, rind removed and sliced thinly
- 2 oz Cambozola or other blue cheese, sliced thinly
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- Put oil in a large pan. Add onions and cook until beginning to soften and brown.
- Add sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Turn the heat down and continue to cook unjtil caramelized, about 20 minutes
- Roll pastry into a 10-to-14-inch rectangle . Place pastry on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Prick with a fork all over to prevent the pastry from forming big bubbles while baking.
- Place onions over pastry, cover to the edges. Dot with cheese. Sprinkle with tarragon.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 400°F for 15-18 minutes or until cheese has melted and pastry is crispy.