Recipe type: Cookies
- ¼ C butter, softened
- ¾ C sugar
- ¾ C brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- green food color, liquid or paste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp peppermint extract (peppermint, not mint)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 C flour
- 8 oz. bag Guittard Smooth Melty Petite Mint Chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In your mixer beat together butter, sugars, and salt.
- Add in eggs, food coloring, and extracts.
- Add in baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix in flour.
- Add in ⅔ bag of chips reserving rest of the top.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until dough is chilled but not solid.
- Scoop dough into balls and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Press 3 chips into each cookie (bottom side of chip sticking out)
- Bake 9-10 minutes or until the edges begin to turn golden. Let stand for 2 minutes and then move to cooling rack.