Author: LeighAnne Wilkes
Recipe type: appetizer
- 6 or 7 roma tomatoes, skinned and chopped into small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 baguette style bread sliced into ⅜” thick slices
- Cut 1 baguette style bread sliced into ⅜” thick slices
- Brush on a thin layer of olive oil and then toast under broiler to toast until golden brown.
- To skin the tomatoes we put them into boiling water until the skins crack and then place them in cold water – the skins pop right off.
- Chop tomatoes finely, add garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar in a bowl and mix.
- Chop the basil thinly, add to tomato mixture and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon tomato mixture onto bread toasts – enjoy! Yum!!!