Author: Leigh Anne Wilkes
Recipe type: cookies
Serves: 36 cookies
- 1¾ C all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 14 Tbsp butter, divided
- ½ C granulated sugar
- ¾ C packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1½ C semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cover baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt 10 Tbsp butter in a skillet over medium high heat until melted. Continue cooking and stirring the butter until it turns dark golden brown and has a nutty aroma. About 1-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and put into mixer bowl. Add in remaining 4 Tbsp butter and stir until melted.
- Add in sugars, salt and vanilla and stir to incorporate.
- Add egg and egg yolk and stir until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Let mixture stand for 3 minutes, then beat for 30 seconds.
- Repeat process of resting and mixing 2 more times until mixture is thick, smooth and shiny.
- Stir in flour and baking soda and mix until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough into balls and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until cookies are golden brown and still puffy, edges will have begun to set but center will be soft.
- Cool cookies on rack.