- 4 lb. pork shoulder, pork roast or pork carnitas
- 2½ C root beer
- 1 bottle (18 oz.) barbeque sauce. I like Sweet Baby Rays.
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dry mustard
- Sprinkle pork with above spices.
- Place in crock pot and pour in root beer.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until pork pulls apart easily.
- Drain liquid from crockpot.
- Shred pork
- Cover with bbq sauce and mix to coat. (reserve a little sauce to add on top when serving)
- Allow to cook for another hour in crockpot.
- To serve, toast hamburger buns by buttering them and placing them face down in a frying pan until they are golden brown.
- Place pork onto bun and top with some additional bbq sauce