Recipe type: Appetizers
- 32 pitted dates (or however many you want to make)
- 32-64 shelled pistachios (1-2 per date)
- 1 lb. lean, thin bacon, each strip cut into 3-4 pieces depending on size of date
- 1 C maple syrup for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make a slit in each date and stuff with 1-2 pistachios.
- Wrap each date with a piece of bacon so that the bacon just overlaps.
- Place seam side down on the cookie sheet.
- Brush lightly with maple syrup.
- Bake until bacon is crisp, about 5 minutes each side.
- Dates can be made ahead of time and frozen.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes per side if frozen.
- Drizzle with maple syrup.