Serves: 2 dozen
- 1 C butter, softened
- ⅔ C sugar
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 2 C flour
- ½ C raspberry jam
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 1½ tsp almond extract
- 2-3 tsp. milk or whipping cream
- Combine butter, sugar and ½ tsp almond extract in bowl. Mix at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Reduce speed and add in flour. Beat until well mixed.
- Keep beating until the dough starts to come together. It will look somewhat dry and crumbly.
- Form the dough into a ball and cover, refrigerate until firm (at least one hour)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Shape dough into one inch balls.
- Place 2 inches a part on a ungreased cookie sheet.
- Make an indentation with your thumb in the center of each ball.
- Fill the indentation with ¼ tsp of jam. Do not overfill
- Bake for 14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned
- Let stand 1 minute, remove from cookie sheet and cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar, 1½ tsp almond extract and enough milk for desired glazing consistency.
- Drizzled over cool cookies